Come Worship With Us

Come Worship With Us

Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Change Of Address


High Schools over all the country are celebrating graduations. I remember the year 1981 as I finished my high school career. ( I know, I am getting old. ) I thought I was the big fish in the small pond. What more could there be to life ? Not until I went to college did I realize that I was really the little guppy in the big ocean. I was in store for some big changes !!!!

This week in our lesson Joseph brings his family to Egypt. The famine will last for five more years and the only way for Jacob to survive will be for him to have a change of address. While in Egypt Jacob sees his son Joseph and falls under the watch care of the Pharaoh. With this move God begins to build his people.

Are we preparing our children for their move to college ?

What is college like now ?

What will college be like in five to ten years ?

Will our kids seek God while in college ?

These are question I find myself asking more and more.

I am very proud of the students who are preparing for the next phase of their lives. We as a church need to pray are all our students as they walk down life's path.


See you in Sunday School

No comments: