Come Worship With Us

Come Worship With Us

Saturday, August 9, 2008

For I Am With You









On February 27, the newly-elected president of the Balaghat Christian Association was beaten for providing legal help to victims of an earlier Hindu extremist attack on February 22. According to Compass Direct News, “Members of the Hindu extremist group, Bajrang Dal allegedly targeted Dr. Robin Singh, a medical doctor and Christian leader, because he had provided legal and administrative help to Tom George, Sunil Lal and others who had been dragged from a Lent meeting and beaten with bamboo poles, sticks, rods and other weapons. They struck him with their fists and wooden sticks, as well as kicked him, to deftly give him internal injuries.” Pray for believers injured in both attacks. Also pray believers will forgive their persecutors.( Crosswalk.com)

As I studied for today's lesson, I wondered how I would be attacked today for being a christian. It is going to be hot and crowded in class. I be will rushed to get the announcements right. Church will be full and I may lose my favorite seat. It is going to cost me a lot of money to come to church tonight for the services because of gas prices.

Are we at First Baptist Church in Somerville being attacked for being Christians ?

If we are not being attacked are we doing a good job being Christians ?

Let's talk in class about Christian persecutions.

No comments: