Come Worship With Us

Come Worship With Us

Friday, April 25, 2008

An Opened Door


Since I am a little slower and heavier than most boys my age, I get to "work the gate" on our cattle farm. Working the gate means that I stand and open the gate as cows or calves come by. This lets you separate one from the other. My dad and my brother, being a little faster on their feet than me, work the cows or calves toward the gate. As the animal goes towards the gate I will open it at the right time to let it into the next pen. The cow or calve will take the opportunity go through to opened gate.

This week we will see that God opened the door of opportunity for Joseph. After a long stay in jail Joseph gets out to help Egypt through bad times. He is rewarded for his wisdom. Joseph remembered that God blessed him with this wisdom.

Does God open doors of opportunity for us ?

Do we recognize when those doors are opened for us ?

How can we remember to thank God for opened doors ?

I went to see Matt and Candy today. He is able to stand up without the aid from someone. God thank you for bringing them home !!!

I will see you in Sunday School.

No comments: