Come Worship With Us

Come Worship With Us

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Tangled Webs We Weave

In Proverbs 6 we read:

16 There are six things the LORD hates,
seven that are detestable to him:

17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,

18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,

19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers.

" The Lord hates " are strong words. Surely I am not guilty of any of these sins.

This week we will read about the sins of David as he lust after his neighbor. God hated what David did and made him pay a high price for these sins.

I may not have shed innocent blood but I have said hurtful words to people. I know I have not started a riot but I have pasted along information that may have made one think less of someone else.

Does God hate these actions ?

If He does am I any different in my actions than David ?

This lesson has humbled me greatly. See you in class.

No comments: